Thursday, June 12, 2008

The road to success....

I am starting out my blog by telling you a bit about my goals and aspirations, hopefully trying to keep you updated as I go along this very long and bumpy road to success.

My plan is to raise and train barrel horses and to be able to market a quality finished product that anyone can jump on and continue down the road to success.

I have already started this process earlier this year when I sold my home grown gelding named Dodge. Dodge was an honest and solid individual who was sold to a lady in California. So far Dodge has done well for himself consistently running in the 2D. Which makes me feel good and gives me confidence that I am doing something right in my training.
I have a lot of training that needs to be done and unfortunately my part time job and this unpredictable weather is making it difficult for me to get going. I know.... excuses excuses!

Its been a slow and bumpy road for me this spring, with my rodeo horse Lexus battling health related issues and training issues its been making me wish for it to be 2009. Lexus has been a wonderful horse filled with lots of talent but I cant help but feel we are just running on time. She is running with health issues that will unfortunately never go away. She is a trooper though, her big heart doesn't slow her down any. She gives it her all each and every time and just loves to run barrels. Which makes me hard to think about leaving her behind in years to come while she raises babies but she probably has just as much talent in raising babies.
I hate to wish the years away but I am. I am counting down the days till Dec.1, 2008. That will be the first day I can enter and run my next training prodigy Parker.
Parker has truly been a blessing in my life, while he does have that natural gift for barrels he has not been an easy road. But with that being said I have learnt so much from this horse and I am filled with joy each and every time he progresses.


I have many other young talents in my pasture and I will be filling you in on them and their progress as I go along.

Before I continue on, I have to give thanks. There are several people I have met along that way that have been an absolute blessing. If it was not for them, I wouldn't be where I am today. They have never lost faith in my abilities and have continued to push me through my hard times. And for that, I will be forever thankful.
To end this blog I am going to leave you a quote.
“Yearn to understand first and to be understood second.”

No comments: