Yes yes I know I should be fired on this blog as I can not seem to update it at all.
Things have been slow around here, the part time job is putting a damper on the barrel racing and hauling, but since the mares are turned out its not a big deal.
Parker has been doing really well, I am very happy with his progress and by the looks of it, its time to change up the program. We are planning on doing a bit change, shoe change, supplement change, and a practice change. We are going to cut his slow work back by A LOT and do more sprinting and checking cows. I need to lighten up his bit, I know there is no way he will run by a barrel so hopefully a lighter bit will put more run into him. Then putting a wide rim on his back feet instead of just the flat kegs will help with some traction. I am ordering in some Polyglycan to start him on instead of legend and adequan. After doing some research it sounds like it is the best choice.
Its getting about entering time, only 1 1/2 months left till he can be entered so we need to get some of these things sorted.
Caliber is progressing PERFECTLY. I am so happy she is doing well with Jenna. I must say I was a lil worried that she wouldn't progress this fast but Jenna said she has been just a dream to work with.
RaNelle sent me this email the other day and I must admit, I got pretty excited!! I can not wait to get her home and can't help but think there is big things to come with this filly!!
"I talked to Jenna today and she said Caliber is really a good girl. She has a wonderful work ethic. She thinks she's going to make an awesome prospect for you because she's ground covering and very efficient. She said for her size, she's athletic and moves really nice. She called her a "train"! hahahaha Jenna thinks she's going to outrun ALOT of horses. She thinks you have "something" with Caliber. Thats what she thought of Paris too but I think she likes Calibers disposition better. Jenna thinks Caliber is the whole package."
I am hoping to get to see her this weekend, I promise I will get a video of her. I knew she was a beautiful mover, but we are all blinded by our love for our own.
It won't be long...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment