The rodeo went well with Kool, we showed up and it was muddy so I talked to Molly and we came to the conclusion it would be a great experience for him. He handled it all really well!! It was absolutely astonishing that there is that much horse under you. I don't think I have ever rode such a strong and athletic horse. The run had quite a few mistakes but considering we were knee deep in mud he did quite well.
Molly had proposed the idea to head out to Dunseith jackpot so that's what we did last night. It was an excellent evening. Molly did great with Kool, I was very happy to see that. We had a good talk about the little things I worked on and she was very pleased with how he felt. She smoked out an 18.3 on a standard pattern with mistakes. I have never seen a horse who has so much potential!! I think I should just own him.
To my surprise, Josie the horse I had sold a year and a half ago was at the jackpot with her new owner. I was so thrilled to see her, she was in AMAZING condition and they also ran an 18.3 placing them right behind Molly & Kool. Talk about being proud!! Nancy is great, she was so excited to meet me and was right away asking for my help. It was a great feeling to see someone caring so much about Miss Josie. She deserves to be loved and ran. But I cant help but see my future when looking at Josie, I am floored how much Caliber looks, acts, and moves just like her mom! I am very excited to hear about Josie's progress.
Well now on to Parker, he was a very good boy at Dunseith jackpot. I exhibitioned him afterwards and he did really well. He clocked a 19.2 just high loping so I am very excited for where the future is going to take me.
I got the go ahead to run Lexus this weekend, so must say I am really looking forward to getting back on her. I will be sure to update you when I get back as I have hopes to exhibition Parker at the rodeos as well. So I will have lots of updates!
I will leave you with this quote till next time.
"Before success comes in any man's life, he's sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That's exactly what the majority of men do" Napoleon Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment