Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Change In Direction

Well I havent updated in awhile because I wasnt wanting to update on another negative note with Lex.



I had a bright idea a couple of weeks ago that I should switch directions on her. RaNelle came up and helped me with her and now I seem to have myself a new horse. Not sure where the problems came from going to the right, but everything is seeming easier now to the left.

I have gone to two jackpots so far and so far so good. The first jackpot I went to the ground got to Lex and she fell to her knees on the backside of third. Luckily all was ok, but it was for sure a long pause. She still ended up clocking only 7 tenths of the leader. Which I was very happy with.



The second jackpot started off pretty shaky but I decided to take a NT and fix the issue before it continued on. My second run it finally all clicked and WE DID IT!! We clocked great!! We won the 1D by 7 tenths of a second!! What a great feeling, even though I know the big guns werent up I still do believe they would have had a hard time catching her!


Macie did wonderful at the last jackpot. She ran a second and three tenths off Lexus and I couldnt be happier with her. She is really starting to come considering I just started her on the pattern in March and she hasnt had much riding at all in general! I can not believe how this mare clocks though, its so effortless!

Parker wasnt himself at the jackpot, but I blame that on myself though. There were only 4 horses inbetween Macie and my exhibition on him so he didnt get much of a warm up. He was very strong in his run and it was a bit disappointing for me. But I sure cant complain. He also ran a second and three tenths off Lex's time so I can tell you I was estatic about that still!!

So we are off to Austin rodeo on Thursday, a benefit barrel racing in Minot ND on Friday, and on Sunday up to Swan River rodeo. I have a much better feeling after the last run!!

No comments: