Friday, September 12, 2008

Money Talks

Well I must admit my work is paying off with my weanlings this year. They are excellent babies to work with. Every morning and every night they get caught and tied up to eat their grain.

Now they love to be caught and stand like seasoned horses even when there grain is done. I am really hoping that this work will pay off in years to come.

They are really starting to grow which shows my feeding program is starting to pay off. Cuda is still short, but in my thoughts you just can not rush perfection right? haha

Harley is doing great as well. He seems to think he does not need his legs for barrel racing though. Every morning I seem to find a new cut on him. Which I am already doctoring two lacerations, one on his knee and one on his back pastern. Good thing he is easy to work with!

Just been busy doing yard work around home, seems like fall is coming so now its the mad dash to get everything done before freeze up. Its also now talk about when to ship calves which seems it will be right around the corner as well.

I am impatiently waiting to hear from Jenna Grumman from ND, she is the one who I sent Caliber to for training. I cant help but wonder how she is going.

I have mixed emotions, the guy called and said he would take Hemi. As much as I want to keep him, my bank account says I cant. It will be nice to see this income and my calf crop income hit my bank account thats for sure.

I still would like to get another youngster bought, preferably a three year old but only time will tell and my money will tell if I can afford to replace Wilson. I always keep my eye open but what good does that do me when I have no money to do so!

No comments: