Friday, September 5, 2008

Its been awhile

Well its been awhile since my last post, so its about time!!

Lets start off with MBRA FINALS!! It was a great event yet again and I came home very happy. Macie and Lexus both worked wonderful. Macie was just a suprise for myself. The first day she just coasted through and over shot both first and second a little. She ended up running in middle of the 3D. Lexus the first day had a decent run but still wasnt clocking like she could. She ended up running in the mid 2D.

Day 2 was a suprise on Macie, she cut a half second off her time from the first day and ended up in the bottom of the 2D!!! She just had a solid little run, still mistakes but that is to be expected with that little of hauling. Lexus ran alright again, solid pattern but yet again didnt clock like I wanted her to, she also ended up the bottom of the 2D. Unfortunately she came out sore, which was making me realize the end to our season was near. To my suprise I did end up coming back to the short go with both horses. Lex in the 2D and Macie in the 3D. I must admit I was hoping that was Lex's last run but figured I would just medicate her again and take the chance to run her one last time!

The Short Go went well, Macie was my first to run and she ran pretty much the exact same time as the 2nd Go. It was a bit sloppier but she for sure had more speed. I was still thrilled!! Lexus had a really nice run for me in the short go, the clock was back and I was so thrilled to end my season with her with that run. She ran a 14.390 which put us 13th in the 1D for that go. Still not at the top but for sure better then it had been.

Well results time, Lexus ended up 4th in the 2D winning a great set of pop up barrels, and Macie ended up winning the 3D saddle!!! WOOHOO Macie on winning her first saddle. I am very happy, but the competitor in side of me wants faster. But for only hauling her 6 times, I think I should be satisified with a 3D saddle. After all I didnt start her until May and she is infoal!! lol

Well Lex is officially in retirement, she is turned out with the broodmares now. Its just been too much to keep her running and I can tell the meds were taking a toll on her. She has too much heart to quit, but I know its best for her. I am going to give her 8-9 months off, breed her in the early spring and see how she is doing after she is a full 6 weeks in foal. I have hope that her chip was only causing tissue irritation and that it will heal with rest. So we will see how she is when she comes off break before I decide if the retirement is full or just semi.

I was very sad on short go sunday, I am not sure why it seemed so hard to put her away but really I didnt feel like loosing another horse. I know I know I havent "LOST" her but just hard to load the trailer up and go without her.

Well I am counting down to Dec.1, I must say Parker is going GREAT. He has again really advanced in the last month. We are now to just fine tuning and I am really enjoying having the feel of a finished horse under me again. I am getting excited but nervous for next year. Just hoping he fufills the expectations!

Well I best get going, have chores to do and lots of things to get done today. Till next time...

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us"
Helen Keller

1 comment:

Molly said...

lol.. this is a reminder that you better have ordered that pic of macie.. because clearly it is blog appropriate.