Thursday, January 15, 2009

In A Deep Freeze

Well I can say that this weather has put my riding and training to a halt!! I am tapping my fingers waiting for it to warm up. I go stir crazy it seems when I am unable to ride. Its probably just the fact I know I can`t!

Parker has made leaps and bounds lately. My going back to the basics has really made me realize the holes I had in my training, but I feel I am on the right track now. I really did forget that the basics are the most important. I know I soon will not forget that again. Its been a lot of work fixing!!

I am getting very impatient, I really want to take my two to a jackpot to see what the new year will bring. But by the looks of it, I wont be getting to one any time soon as no one is hosting any. Not the year to have a futurity colt!! Well and a green derby horse too.

Been impatiently waiting for Lex to come into full heat swing as I can not wait to get my Dash For Perks baby in the oven. I have been dreaming about this since August!!

Stay warm anyone, till next time...

``What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.``
Patty Berg

2 comments:

Anne and Leigh said...

I love that your horses name is Parker, that is my middle name!

-Anne

Anonymous said...

I agree! I can't WAIT for this flipping weather to be gone! Then when it's July and I'm doing a Cowboy Christmas at 100 degrees..I'll be whining then too! LOL I miss riding! Come on summer!
I'm going to add your blog to my list of blogs I stalk! Hope you don't mind!
Michelle
www.aboutyoudesigns.com