New Additions
On Friday I headed down to Mandan ND to look at some horses in the Hermanson and Kist sale. I went out to the Winners Circle Ranch and tried out lot 210 RC Sail To Gold.
It was love at first sight when they pulled him out of the stall. He was everything that I was looking for. She saddled him and turned him out in the arena to play and boy can he move!! I have never seen a young horse able to run around an arena and play like that. Brenda rode him for awhile and I must admit I was already sold even before I swung a leg over him. Boy was he nice to ride, he just floats!
Come sale time on Saturday I will admit I was worried I was not going to get him bought. It seemed to be eating at me and the feeling of needing him was unreal. It made the day crawl by. A little luck was on my side though and I ended up getting him bought and I could not be happier to be the new owner.
Hughie is a 2005 gelding by Ninety Nine Goldmine. www.allbreedpedigree.com/RC+Sail+To+Gold
He is off the track and this is a first for me in a really long time. But with that being said, I do believe Hughie is not your typical OTT horse. He seems to be one of a kind and I am looking forward to riding him and seeing what he can do for me.


Since I was on a buying spree, I wanted to upgrade my broodmare herd and decided to buy a daughter of Streakin La Jolla. She will come to me later this year infoal to PC Double Frost. I am very excited to add this mare to my herd and look forward to seeing what kind of barrel racing babies she can produce for me. She has already produced $25,000 in money earners. www.allbreedpedigree.com/la+streakin+go+go

The Jackpot
I was finally able to get Macie and Parker to a jackpot on Monday. It had been 2 weeks since their last run and they both were hardly rode in that 2 week period because of the weather! So I was going into the jackpot not expecting much, just wanting some good solid runs.
And that is exactly what I got!!
Parker did WONDERFUL. I was so proud of him, he sure is coming along quite well. Other then his rider needing to make some more changes, I must say he is ready for more! He is ready for more runs and I am needing to get some under my belt as well to learn how to drive a horse a little harder. Cause he certainly likes to sit and turn!
My first run on Parker was beautiful, other then on second barrel I pulled him back on top of it. But boy he felt great and really fired so I could not complain. This run would have won the jackpot, even though there was not many entries at all. But in comparison, he was 4 tenths off the arena fast time. Which, for a 5 yr old at his 3rd jackpot ever, who could ask for more?
I ended up taking a second run on Parker, just to see if he could handle two runs back to back. I found out that he sure can take 2 runs, his rider on the other hand couldn't. Once again I sat on my pockets way too early and quit riding him. He listened and rated way too early on first and second. But that is just over working and listening to his jockey, what a wonderful problem to have!!
Macie did wonderful as well. She ran really solid and thats all I can ask for. I ended up winning the jackpot on her, there was not many horses there to compare but she was about 6 tenths off the arena fast time. Once again I could not complain for a green horse.
Its so refreshing to go to a jackpot and have your young ones work so well. It just helps me build my confidence in them and give me the feeling they are ready for the futurities and derbies that are quickly approaching! Down to a month away.
No comments:
Post a Comment