I ran Parker first, he did really well but his first barrel he hopped around it and didnt really stay in the turn. His second barrel he once again left the turn a little which is very much unlike Parker but he turned his third and kept his brain in check. What more can I ask. He stopped the clock with a 14.3 which was exactly 9tenths off the leader. Which I am thrilled with for his 2nd jackpot ever and leaving his turns, he is going to get there. Just need to get him sound again.
Macie ran really well again, she has a boogey monster in that arena though. Right across from second barrel and it was a bit of a struggle to get her past second but we did. We are both trying to read each other. I am guilty for not rating her soon enough thinking she is going to do it and I am sure she is waiting on me, but we are getting it. She was 6 tenths off the leader and I couldn't be happier.
She is starting to show me that she is going to be a good 1D horse as she making some nice runs but they have flaws and not much fire and she can clock like that!
Well I am chewing my nails as I am waiting to talk to my banker about maybe borrowing some money to buy a couple horses. I want to buy a 4 yr old who is started on the pattern so that I could maybe sell Macie this fall and make a quicker turn over. I am also looking at a Broodmare as well, but I want to start the upgrading process. What I would do is just sell one of my older ones.
Since I am wanting to head down to a sale to look at these horses it would mean I would have to skip another day of work next friday. So I am torn on what to do this weekend. I could skip friday and saturday of the Bull Sale/Show to go to Minot Jackpot, but it just doesn't sit right with me to skip 2 fridays. But on the other side I am only 1 1/2 months away from my first futurity and need to get these two out and going. But on the other side with this nasty cold snap I have not been able to ride since the last jackpot and Parker just got his hock injected on Tuesday.
As you can see I am very undecided but I am certain I am leaning towards giving my horses a break this weekend and going to work.
Here are the videos of my runs I am very happy with them.
1 comment:
They look great!
-Anne
www.ontherodeoroad.com
www.twincrossroads.blogspot.com
Post a Comment