Once again I am sitting here at work thinking. Seems to be a common denominator with this job, but really who can blame me it is probably the worlds most boring job!!
I am thinking about my goals for March, what I want to accomplish and the progress I want to make. March is going to be a big month for Macie, Parker, and myself. Its counting down the days till our first Futurities and Derbies which I hope we will be ready for.
I have a couple more jackpots at Minot and hopefully I will be able to attend the Spring Fling at the Red Horse Ranch in MN. I must admit the last jackpot got me very excited! I finally felt like my hard work and dedication paid off.
While yes it paid off for that run I keep reminding myself that now is not the time to slack off and let my goals and expectations run wild. Its hard for me as I have a tendancy to dream BIG.
Fighting the voice inside your head always seems to be the biggest factor. It can make you or break you. A good friend told me this work hard and visualize wins, health, and longevity.
So for March my goal is to have smooth consistant runs. Ride my horses to the best of my ability and see where that takes us. I believe this is a realistic and achievable goal.
I hauled Macie last weekend to Spearfish SD for an Ed Wright clinic. Macie did wonderful for her first long haul. She ate really well while travelling and settled into her stall like a champ. Its a very nice feeling to haul horses that eat, drink, and do not worry on the road. Makes me feel better about taking her out on the road in May. Twelve hours of hauling one way and being away from home for 11 days will be a test for Parker and Macie but I am hoping they will handle it well.
Ed really liked Macie, which I figured since she is an over reactive spunky mare. He thought she was doing fabulous for as limited hauling as she had. He gave me some really good pointers on how to run her. Helped me on my first and the line over to second but pretty much told me to keep at it, as she is doing really well. I just need to get out and haul her now so we can get some experiance under her belt.
I have been just exercising Parker for the past 2 weeks. Its been really cold once again, seems to be dejavou for this winter. So its been hit and miss with Parker. Hopefully after this weekend it will start to warm up and I can get back at it.
My farrier is suppose to come out on Sunday which is a good thing, but a slight disappointment as I wanted to haul to a local jackpot and take some pressure off Parker and just hang out at the jackpot on him. I think any chance I get to take that pressure off him will be good. But on the bright side no hoof no horse, so better tend to the more important things.
Next week we will be breeding Lexus finally! After all the set backs a week ago, I sure hope its clear sailing on this one. I am really excited to get this baby in the oven. More and more I think about it, I think my barrel gods were just aligning my stars again. I think her crossed on Dashin Elvis is going to be a magic cross and hopefully I can get a few foals off these two before its too late. It will not be an exciting cross for color, but a good horse is a good horse no matter what color.
Well my work shift is about up, so I best clean up and get ready to go home.
"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow." -Cher
It won't be long...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment